This pack is great for any junior classroom looking for some fast finisher ideas, hot spot activities or writing fun. This includes 12 activities that can be incorporated into your rotations and are designed to fit into the Kmart 12 case organiser (as seen in the picture). You can use these activities however you like; my personal preference is the carrier for ease & organisation.
In this resource is:
- writing pack cover title
- small cover title and side cover title for each activity depending on how you want to use them
- 12 writing related activities
The 12 writing activities are:
- Playdough words: a variety of tricky words and alphabet letters to make and create with playdough
- Free write: a variety of pictures to prompt creative writing
- Would you rather: a selection of cards with two prompts for students to choose which they would rather
- Tricky word practice: a variety of tricky words and activity task card for word practice
- Secret code: use the secret code to solve the words
- Recount it out: a selection of picture prompts and sentences for students to think about and when write a recount about
- Make it interesting: some simple sentences that students can edit and change to make them more interesting
- Make a story: using the character and setting prompts to write a creative story
- Edit and fix it: edit the sentence to show the correct capitals, full stops and common words
- Don't use it: write a story but not using the words on the 'don't use it' card
- Animal report: a selection of animal cards to write a report about
- Handwriting: a selection of handwriting cards for students to practice in their handwriting books
This resource comes as a zip file so ensure you have the right software to unzip it.
There are 117 pages in this resource.
**If printing to fit into the Kmart or Spotlight coloured organiser containers; please print 2 to a page to make sure they fit. Printing as is will make them too big.