Stage 6 Maths
Stage 6 Maths
This resource is a fabulous resource for those of you with students working in Stage 6. It includes activities and ideas that can be used in an independent maths programme, or alongside your teaching sessions. This bundle is perfect for beginning teachers looking to set up their maths section, or a teacher looking for more ideas.
It includes a learning progression sheet that highlights the areas for number knowledge and number strategy in Stage 6. The resources follow the learning progression and are noted in the top right hand corner with what progression they match too.
Stage 6 includes:
- With numbers between 1-1,000,000
-I can read numbers
-I can order them
-I can count in 1’s, 10’s and 100’s
- I can say numbers between 1-1,000,000
- I can state numbers 1 more/less, 10 more/less, 100 more/less, 1000 more/less
- I can identify how many 10s and 100s are in whole numbers to 10,000
- I can:
-Identify groupings of 2 to 100
-Identify groupings of 5 to 100
-Identify groupings of 10 in 4 digit numbers
-Identify groupings of 100 in 4 digti numbers
- I can identify the number of tenths and hundredths in decimals to 2 places
- I can round whole numbers to the nearest 10, 100, 1000
- I can round decimals with up to 2 decimal places to the nearest whole number
- I can order fractions with like numerators
- I can use place value to solve my problems (ones, tens and hundreds)
- I can solve addition and subtraction problems using algorithms
- I can solve addition and subtraction problems using reversing and a number line
- I can solve addition problems by forming tens from ones and forming hundreds from tens
- I can solve addition and subtraction problems using compatible numbers to 100/1000
- I can solve addition and subtraction problems by using a tidy number strategy and compensating to 100/1000
- I can solve addition and subtraction problems using doubles up to 100/1000
- I can solve a problem using equal addition to make a tidy number
It also comes with decorations for your box to keep track of your resources.
This resource pack is best laminated to ensure durability and can be used with whiteboard pens as wipe sheets.
These align with NZ Curriculum pink book learning progressions.
There are 172 pages in this resource.