Stage 5 Maths
Stage 5 Maths
This resource is a fabulous resource for those of you with students working in Stage 5. It includes activities, games and ideas that can be used in an independent maths programme, or alongside your teaching sessions. This bundle is perfect for beginning teachers looking to set up their maths section, or a teacher looking for more ideas.
It includes a learning progression sheet that highlights the areas for number knowledge and number strategy in Stage 5. The resources follow the learning progression and are noted in the top right hand corner with what progression they match too.
Stage 5 includes:
- I can read all my numbers 0-1000
- I can order numbers to 1000
- Count in 1's, 10's and 100's to 1000
- I can say the number 1 more/less, 10 more/less, 100 more/less from 1-1000
- I know how many 10s are in a 3 digit number
- I know groupings of 2 that are in numbers to 20
- I know groupings of 5 that are in numbers to 50
- I know the number of hundreds in centuries and thousands
- I can round a 3 digit whole number to the nearest 10 or 100
- I can skip count up to 100 in 3's (forwards and backwards)
- I can read fractions 1/2 to 1/10
- I can order fractions with like denominators
- I can use place value to solve my problems (ones, tens and hundreds)
- I can solve addition or subtraction problems by reversing the sign
- I can use compatible numbers to solve the problem
- I can solve numbers by using tidy numbers
- I can solve problems using a number line
- I can solve problems using doubles
It also comes with decorations for your box to keep track of your resources.
This resource pack is best laminated to ensure durability and can be used with whiteboard pens as wipe sheets.
These align with NZ Curriculum pink book learning progressions.